Friday, January 28, 2011

Homemade Fruit Leather


Do any of you have canned, frozen, or bottle fruit in your stock pile that is needing to be used? How about anyone looking for a nutritious snack for their kids?


Well here you go super simple and very good-Homemade Fruit Leather.
All you need is a food dryer and some fruit-it can be fresh, frozen, canned, or bottled.

Simply blend the fruit up, add a small amount of Karo Syrup (optional), and then pour it onto your greased fruit leather sheets. Spread it out evenly and wait 6-10 for it to dry. When it's done it peels right off the sheets. Cut each sheet into 4-6 pieces and roll like a fruit roll up.


My kids LOVE this! What' s even better is that it's much better for them the the other types of fruit roll ups and fruit snacks you buy and it's something the whole family will enjoy.


My Grandma has a whole storage room full of bottled fruit needing to be used-I have already done a case and have started on my second because my kids are gobbling this up as fast as I make it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment