Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rite Aid Weekly Chronicles

This week I did things a little bit differently at Rite-Aid. My husband has a box a work which he fills up with snacks, that employees then purchase. We use the money made on that to buy more snacks and we usually net a little bit of profit. I noticed that the candy bars were on sale this week at Rite-Aid BOGO Free. So I decided to use money I had from the candy box to buy the items I wanted from the Rite-Aid ad and then use the UP Rewards from those items to buy candy bars for the box. This way it would be no money at all OOP for myself. I think it worked well to bad, many of the items I wanted to get were gone. Not to worry though I got rainchecks.

So here is what I did...
Transaction #1
2-stayfree pads $3.00 each
-used $1/1 stayfree item from 11-6 Sunday Paper
paid $4.37 from the box money
got back $4 in UP Rewards


Transaction #2
bought 8 candy bars .99 each + BOGO
Total $4.23
paid $4 in Up Rewards from previous transaction and .23 from the box money


I think this strategy worked out pretty well and if the opportunity arises I will probably do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment