Sunday, October 9, 2011

How to make a Girls Skirt from a women's clearance tube top

I was shopping at Kohl's the other day with my grandma, mom and sister and while scanning the clearance racks we found a whole bunch of women's tube tops clearanced down to between $1.80 and $3. These wouldn't do any of us any good but my sister was looking at them and commented on how easy it would be to turn them into skirts for our girls. So we bought a couple to test it out. I'm not really a seamstress so my mom made one for my daughter. She left the hem in that was the bottom of the shirt to use as the hem at the bottom of the skirt. She folded the top down and added elastic you could also cut the top part off and do the same thing. Then she tacked the sash they had for the shirt on like a belt and PRESTO! A super cute skirt for $3 and about a half an hour of sewing. And one super happy little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment