Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It Pays to Wait

I'm not a very patient person by nature, but I've become more patient over time, because I know it pays to wait. I used to just go out and buy something if I needed it. I tried to get the best deal, but I wasn't willing to wait weeks or even months for it. Now I'm much smarter and know that there is almost nothing you can't get for a better deal if you wait.
For example I have this house plant that has been sitting in an ugly plastic container for a year. I've been wanting to get a pot to put it in, but really didn't want to pay $20 for one. So I've been looking for a deal. Well this week I got my deal. Planting pots at Rite-Aid this week are 50% off. Sweet! But to make the deal even better I added some cheap things to my total so I could use my $5/$20 coupon.
Here's how it went.
Pack of 3 pots regularly $25.00, 50% off so they are now $12.50. Now for 3 nice pots that's fantastic! But I like to do a little better than fantastic. So I added 3 soft scrub to my total which would be $.50 after coupons and a vitamin water which would be free after coupon. Here's the break down:
3 pots $12.50
3 soft scrub $7.00
1 vitamin water $1.25
-$5/$20 RA video value coupon
-$6 use 3- $2/1 soft scrub total coupons
-$1.25 use free vitamin water (facebook coupon)
= $8.50 for 3 nice pots plus more!
By the way I saw one cheapo looking medium pot at Wal-Mart for $10.
So with a little creativity and patience you can get almost anything at a great price!

No comments:

Post a Comment