Thursday, April 8, 2010

Staples Rewards

One of my new favorite places to shop is Staples, so I am going to give you the run down.

First you must know how staples operates.
-They give you staples rewards on certain item purchases and then my personal favorite ink rewards for turning in your old ink cartridges. You get $3 per cartridge up to 10 per month. (check out my post here on how you can actually make money by doing this.) http://whatisthedealthisweek.blogspot.com/2010/04/buying-ink-on-ebay.html
To do this you must have a staples rewards card so if you don't sign up for one for free the next time your in the store.
-Also they give out lots of rebates alot of times the items will actually be free after the rebates. Their rebates are super easy all you do is go online and type in the numbers off your receipts and within 4-8 weeks you have your rebate usually in the form of credit card gift card or rebate check. You usually have to pay something out of pocket to get the item, like most rebates, unless you do what I do and use your staples rewards check to buy the item then it ends up being free plus you end up getting the rebate.

Here is an example of my last transaction at Staples
-1 ream 500 count paper 4.69
-3 pack sharpies 3.99
paid with my $9.00 staples ink rewards check oop=FREE plus I will be getting a $4.69 rebate check in the mail for the paper. Now that's smart shopping!

The ink rewards checks come once a month at the end of the month; the regular rewards come every three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment